Thursday, November 13th, 2014: a new audio message by Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, leader of the Islamic State is published via several twitter accounts.
- Jihad is an obligation for every Muslim
- The Islamic State will fight till the last man
- The US led coalition war on the Islamic State (the ‘crusade’) is a failure, soon ‘The Jews and Crusaders’ will be forced to send ground forces. al-Baghdadi refers to the recent decision of President Obama to send in another 1 500 troops in support, which points out the audio-message was very recently recorded.
- ‘The march of the Mujahidin will continue until they reach Rome …’ Hereby al-Baghdadi refers to what can be seen as the symbolic capital of the ‘Crusader-empire’, the seat of Christendom.
- al-Baghdadi mentions the recent pledges of allegiance from Yemen, Egypt, Algeria and Libya. He explicitly accepts all new pledges of allegiance and names these countries new provinces of the Islamic State (note: Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis from Egypt already started calling themselves Sinai Province)
- Perhaps the most significant part is where he openly threatens Saudi-Arabia. First the Mujahidin must clear the Arabic Peninsula of all Shi’a, then with the Al-Sa’ud family and their soldiers and in the end the ‘Crusader-forces’.
- al-Baghdadi adresses the Mujahidin in Yemen, calling upon them to ‘be harsh against the Houthi rafidah, for they are kuffar apostates’.
- He adresses the Mujahidin in the Maghreb, calling upon them to take the land back from the secularists.
- He demands his organisation to further recruit fighters and ‘erupt volcanoes of Jihad everywhere’